INTERNAL COMPLAINT COMMITTEE/SEXUAL HARASSMENT & REDRESSAL COMMITTEE
Functions & Responsibilities of Internal Complaint Committee
Ensures that the grievances are resolved on time impartially and confidentially.
All female students and staff at Bharathiyar Institute of Engineering for women are guaranteed a secure learning and working environment. An Internal Complaints Committee (ICC) on Sexual Harassment was established by the college in 2015 in accordance with the guidelines of the Supreme Court and the UGC Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition & Redressal) Act, 2013. This committee was established in accordance with the workplace policy for preventing and punishing sexual harassment of women.
MECHANISM AND COMPOSITION OF ICC ON SEXUAL HARASSMENT
- The method for filing complaints ought to be secure, approachable, and considerate.
- It is possible for the victim or a third party to report instances of sexual or discriminatory harassment.
- The complainant may choose to travel with a representative if she so chooses.
- Every complaint made to a committee member must be acknowledged and noted by that member, who then communicates the complaint to the chairperson, who then calls a meeting of the committee.
- The ICC on Sexual Assault responds to complaints within three days.
- The investigation process will begin if the committee determines that it is necessary to the defendant at the preliminary stage.
- The committee will provide the complainant with the same information in writing.
- If the committee determines that an Institute employee violated the sexual harassment complaint, it will immediately recommend disciplinary action, including dismissal and any other appropriate mechanism.
- If the committee determines that a member of the Institute has sexually harassed the complainant, it may suggest expulsion from the school or suspension for a set period of time as appropriate disciplinary action.
COMPLAINTS – Register Here >>