ACTIVITIES - ENGLISH
COMMUNICATION SKILLS - LAB DETAILS
Our faculties create, communicate, and apply knowledge and language skills to promote holistic individual development, expand personal growth and opportunity, advance social and community development, enhance economic competitiveness, and improve quality of life by focusing on teaching and learning, research and discovery, and outreach and collaboration.
English Communication Lab
Server- 1 ,Client Systems – 60 No’s
Audio Card & Headphone – 60
Handicam Video Camera, TV, Cordless Mike, DVD Player /Reader, LCD Projector with Audio/Video Facility
Software : Teacher Console Software Consisting of English Language Lab, Career Lab
- To facilitate the acquisition of communication skills with a humanistic approach.
- To use innovative language teaching methods for teaching of language skills effectively.
- To instil a spirit of inquiry in the students
- To foster collaboration between academic and industrial communities for promoting research activities.
- To function as a resource centre as well as nodal centre for the language teaching departments of engineering colleges affiliated to Anna University Chennai.
- To develop the department as an international centre of excellence for language teaching.
Features of Language Lab
· Computer Aided Language Learning & Testing
· Internet and Language Teaching
· Materials Production for Language Laboratory
· Language Testing and Evaluation
· Language Teaching through Literature
· English for Science and Technology
· Use of Audio Visual Aids in ELT
· Teaching Methodologies
· Women’s Writing
· Syllabus Design
· Cross-cultural Comparative Criticism
· American & British Literature
· Media in Language Teaching
· Soft Skills in Language Teaching