CITIZEN CONSUMER CLUB
Bharathiyar Institute of Engineering in Salem, (i.e) best engineering college for Women in Attur, Citizen consumer club was started in our college on July 2009. Every year nearly 50 students enroll themselves as volunteers in CCC.
The people who are buying the products for their own needs are called as consumers. Every person is a consumer from birth to till their death.
Every month we conducting meeting and we have conducted many activities, Field visit to local market and our volunteers participated in many national and international level programs.
CCC Volunteers express patriotism by celebrating international consumer day every year.
Also a seminar on “Eye Awareness Programme”was conducted by Dr.K.Shobakini M.B.B.S,D.O., Regional Medical Director in our college.Inthat, a wonderful speech was given by her in order to create awareness of eye donation and about the preventive measures of various eye diseases.
Bharathiyar, the best engineering college in Salem, For the academic year 2014-15, the inaugural function was held on 05.09.2014 in our Campus. The chief guest Mrs. Rani Kannan,Women’s Welfare Club, Malliakarai. She briefed about the Consumer Protection Act also she explained about the important Act.
Bharathiyar Engineering Institute in Attur, Citizen Consumer Club of our college is established for the purpose of spreading the awareness about consumer rights amongst all consumer segments and to help consumers get justice when affected. To enable students understand fundamental rights of citizen and make them realize and learn the fundamental duties of a good citizen. As a member of the Citizen Consumer Club, students can make them able to collectively involve them whole heartedly to help citizen consumers in upholding their rights and fundamental rights. They can stay together to be responsible and dutiful and remind citizen consumers of their responsibilities and duties. Awareness, Alertness and Action shall be the motto in creating the enlightened consumer’s society necessary to rediscover India’s greatness. They can inculcate the meritorious qualities and strive hard to live as responsible and dutiful citizens.
- To educate students about rights of the consumers as provided in consumer protection Act, 1986.
- To mobilize youngsters by instilling in them the spirit of protection of consumer rights.
- To impart knowledge about the role of consumers in protection of their rights and to strengthen the consumerism.
- To enable students understand fundamental rights of a citizen.
- To enable students realize and learn the fundamental duties of a good citizen.
- To develop a sense of awareness among youth.
- To impart knowledge on product standards, product quality and about markets.
- To learn about sustainable consumption norms and implement them in real life.
- To assist the youth in making informed purchase decision as individual.
- To build a base of enlightened citizen customers as the foundation of future India.