- The Red Cross, established in 1863 in Geneva, by Jean Henry Dunant,
is an International Organisation meant for humanitarian services.
- "The Youth Red Cross" is a constituent of the Indian Red Cross Society.
A group movement organized at the initial stages for students between
18 to 25 years of age.
- The hope of every nation in the world is its young people. We, in our institution,
prepare our students to be caring citizens so that they have an opportunity to touch
the lives of the needy and the helpless. We try to make a difference in our students
- It was formulated in our college in the year 2009. From its inception, every year nearly
150 students enroll themselves as volunteers in YRC.
THE YRC MOTTO
Youth Red Cross Unit members are the builders of the Nation who take part in
bringing the very MOTTO of Red Cross, that is, "SERVICE TO SOCIETY".
principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement are
- International Youth Day (IYD) 2015 was celebrated at our institution on 08.08.2015 in
the presence of Mrs.M.Purasolia, ICTC counsellor, Gangavalli, Mrs.S.PoornaSelvi,
ICTC, Lab Technician, Gangavalli and Mrs.K.Sharatha, ICTC counselor,
Thalaivasalin our college premises. During the function Mrs.M.Purasolia
emphasized the theme ‘A Step Towards Change’ behind International
- Youth Day Celebration and discussed with the students about the Problems in
young students and in the society, causes & effects of AIDS and how students can
put a step forward in contributing nation’s growth and building & designing their
- Our college student participated in Tamil and English Elocution competition on
18.08.2015 at Salem SowdeswariCollege and won third place in Tamil Elocution.
- Blood grouping for students was held on 19.08.2015 in our college campus by
Naga paramdeicals, Attur.
- The Dengue Awareness Program was conducted on 29.09.2015 in our college
premises.The program started with the demonstration of the causes and
warning signs of Dengue illness by Dr.P.Senthil, Medical Officer,
Dr.T.Selvam, Non-Medical Supervisor, and Mr.R.Rameskumar, Health
Inspector, Siruvachur. They gave a stepwise approach to the management of
Dengue and preventive measures andcontrols of breeding of Aedes
mosquitoes which spreads Dengue. The Dengue Awareness films were shown to
the students which illustrated the sources and measures to control the Dengue illness.